Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Tea Party with "The Sketch Family"



"The Sketch Family" Tea Towel
30"x30"
coffee, acrylic, and ink on cotton

I heard about this Tea Towel exhibit at a gallery in Cincinnati and thought it'd be fun to submit something. As of yesterday (the deadline) I had nothing but decided, what the hay, I'll give it a shot. So I picked up a pack of organic cotton tea towels from Target and spent the day going back and forth between mommy duties, a cd design project I'm working on, and this towel. I stained it with coffee and did the design with fabric paint and a sharpie. I finally submitted it at around 10:30 last night and an acceptance email was in my inbox this morning. Cool! So it you're in the Cincy area you should check out the show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is really cool! not quite sure what to think about about a tea towel exhibit though.