Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Temp...eh??


We're not vegetarians. But I get into vegetarian cookbooks, blogs, etc because I think the recipes tend to be a lot more creative and varied than the "take meat, add cheese" recipes that fill most carnivore cookbooks. So while working on one of my current cd design projects yesterday I listened to a podcast at CompassionateCooks.com. I tried one of the recipes the podcaster described for dinner last night. Finally, a chance to use that mysterious substance some call "tempeh" in a great dish!

So here's how to make it--
stir fry broccoli, tempeh, and walnuts along with soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup, and ginger (if you like ginger) and that's it! Serve with rice. So easy! And it's really good! Don't ask me about measurements cause I just guessed. Measuring is for people who want to make sure stuff tastes good. Not me, I like to live life on the edge. One cup? TWO cups?! Who knows?!! Craaazy.

Also, one of my prints was featured on Cuteable.com today so that's cool.

And we're (the little boys and I) are headed to Cincinnati tomorrow "(not yet) bright and early". We'll be back Tuesday! Have a good week!

1 comment:

The Revillas said...

I'm leaving tomorrow for Cincy too! See you on Saturday :-)

- Rachel