Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fabric Vines


I thought I'd share a little how-to; a snippet of a project I'm currently working on. It's a little trick I learned my freshman year as a set design major at UC-CCM. These vines are an easy solution to any forest or garden scene in a play or musical. But I also think they could have a place as party decorations, a curtain in a child's fairy tale bedroom, etc.

Here's what a whole wall of the vines looks like in CCM's production of Cyrano. If you look closely you'll notice that no nails can be seen in those wooden beams. That's because as a freshman, my contribution to the set was filling in and sanding all the nail holes. Yeah, I'm awesome.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man do I remember those days.

How about sanding hundreds of fake paper bricks for a turntable by hand?

So now that you guys are in town, is there any chance I can meet your husband to hear more about this storytelling deal?