Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What My Kids Read

My boys love books. Jude still prefers picture books, which I happen to love too. But since Hudson started reading chapter books I haven't been able to keep up with him! He finishes books I didn't even know he started and then brings MORE stacks of books home from the library that I don't know anything about. I monitor the movies he watches and the games he plays and the websites he uses, but I can't read all the books he reads.


 So I was pumped when my friend Jen started her What My Kids Read blog. She is a speedy reader and has developed her own very detailed rating system to help parents decide which books are safe for their kids. In addition to her clear safety ratings, she also includes summaries and discussion questions so you can talk to your kids about a particular book even if you don't have time to read it. It's like only reading Cliff's Notes in high school except this time it's not cheating : )


Jen is an all-around amazing lady. She has a special knack for creating cozy spaces and making people feel welcome in her home. And her family is great too. They're all avid book lovers and great conversationalists. 





 So like her on Facebook, consult her website before you let your kids read an book you don't know much about, and feel free to suggest books to her to read. Follow her Amazon link if you choose to buy a book (or anything else) to support her work!

Happy reading!
Arian



No comments: