Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Baby Bag

Just ask Daniel. He'll tell you that whole "pregnant nesting instinct" thing is real and it's a force to be reckoned with. All I wanted to do in the month(s) before Eli came was sew, crochet, and organize--quite a few trips to the fabric shop, lots of time pinning easy crochet and sewing patterns for baby.

One of the most useful things I made has been this super cozy sleep sack. In fact, Eli is snuggled up in it right now while I nurse him and blog one handed...ah, multi-tasking.

I bought the pattern here. Maybe my stitches are too big or I misread the pattern but my first attempt at it made a sack that looked like it was gonna be big enough for a 5 year old and use 3 more skeins of yarn than called for. So I unraveled it a bit and made the base smaller...just FYI in case you make one yourself.

Eli is quite a fan and hangs out in it night and day!

By the way, my sister's baby was born today! Wilco Brave. I can already tell he's gonna be a cool kid who lives up to his cool name. And he and Eli are gonna be BFFs for sure!



Welcome to the world little Wilco!

Love,
Aunt Arian

2 comments:

The Revillas said...

SO fun that they're so close in age - such cute boys! :-)

liseli said...

Congrats to Andrea!