Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glitter Lotion DIY

So I like glitter, especially around Christmas (also around Valentine's Day, Halloween, Independence Day....Arbor Day.......Presidents Day...) I've had an eye out for a long while for a glittery, shimmery lotion that isn't chock full of artificial ingredients. But "all natural glitter lotion" seems to be a bit of an oxymoron. Then it finally hit me---glitter lotion is glitter.....plus lotion. And I happen to have those things at home already. Genius.

So some good unscented lotion, extra fine glitter, a few drops of peppermint oil, and a cute jar later, I finally have my festive holiday glitter lotion. I'm all sparkly and glamorous despite the fact that I'm also wearing sweatpants. : )

So if you're a girl and you're related to me, don't buy any glitter lotion because you'll prooooobably be getting your own cute jar of peppermint shimmer lotion soon ; ) (except my sister, who due to some traumatic childhood "hot car + granny + stale mint gum = car sickness" memories, hates all things mint). Sad.

Hope your December is off to a good start!

Arian : )

2 comments:

SL Burlhis said...

Yay!!! I love glitter too! That's such a good idea!!

Made said...

So Adorable! miss you guys already =(