Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Saturday

In my late teens I became a member of a blended family that has learned (and still learns) to blend quite beautifully. I love them. Dad, step-mom, 7 of us kids plus our 7 significant others, and 6 grandkids now scattered over all over the U.S.
A lot of them are in town for all the Labor Day weekend festivities and it is awesome.
More than I love hanging out in the city, I love introducing people to my favorite city hang outs.
Like Findlay Market.
This is baby Nan. She lives on the west coast. 6 months old and it's my first chance meeting her....too long!
A beautiful day ended with a beautiful night, catching up around the campfire with wine and s'mores (an excellent, sophisticated combo...next time you're picking up a bottle of wine, ask the wine shop employee what pairs well with s'mores).




S'mores with Reece's peanut butter cups instead of the chocolate. Try it.


Today promises to be just as wonderful. My sister and brother-in-law playing an outdoor concert in the park, everyone in Cincinnati out on the river enjoying the day, GRAND fireworks to cap it all off. I'll be sure to have more pics : )

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Arian : )

No comments: