Friday, March 14, 2008

Ah, Peace.




I haven't felt much peace recently. I love my boys. They're great. And I love being a mom. But worrying about how Hudson is dealing with all the changes a new baby brings, getting less sleep because of the new baby, and dealing with my "not still pregnant but not yet normal" body has made for some tense, emotional times recently.

But there was a moment this afternoon when Jude was quietly dozing to the rhythmic hum of his swing while Hudson and I were carrying on a pleasant conversation about color theory and experimenting with more watercolors. I suddenly noticed how peaceful the moment felt and grabbed the camera to capture it before one of us inevitably started crying again. : )

And this is what I painted in that brief calm between storms...

No comments: