Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A New Year

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions but this year I have three January resolutions.


Number one is to start the day with something fun. I have a theory that all the chores will get done no matter what, I'll just be happier doing them. That, or at the end of the month our house will be a steaming pile of dirty laundry and dirty dishes. Either way, a good time will be had.


Number two is no white flour or white sugar for the month of January. We're using this time to experiment with things like brown rice pizza crust and scones made with coconut flour and honey.



Number three is no Pinterest or blog reading for the month of January. Shocking, I know.


I was starting to feel like I was suffering from sensory overload. I need to make my world a little smaller and a little quieter. If I want to be making more art, I need to clear some space in my head and my day. I need time to start putting some of those good Pinterest ideas into action!


I've only been doing this for a week, but already it's been fruitful. More patience. Better ideas. Deeper conversations.


And more art.



Another plan I came up with to make space for art was to give everyone in our household their own unique set of dishes that they wash themselves by hand. Less dirty dishes for me to wash means more time for art! This set is mine, obviously.
I hope your new year is off to a good start!

2 comments:

amy luella said...

way to go, mom.=)
amy

דפנה said...

OMG! Your baby boy is sooo big already! I can't believe he's already holding a pencil like that. Looks like the talent runs in the family :)

What a delightful post. Thank you!