Thursday, December 20, 2007
Merry Little Christmas
Thanks, Grammy, for sending this tiny tree with tiny ornaments for Hudson. He was way excited to decorate it all by himself and fell asleep to its lights last night.
Caramelized Onion Tart with Olives (and Goat Cheese)
For a Christmas party last night I tried out this recipe from the lastest issue of Martha Stewart Living that I picked up in the airport. I came home with an empty dish so that's always a good sign. I added crumbled goat cheese for a bit more flavor and variety of color. Give it a try for your next party : )
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Saute 2 thinly sliced onions and 2T fresh thyme leaves in olive oil for about 10 mins or until the onions are golden and soft.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll out your sheet of thawed frozen puff pastry . (I like Trader Joe's brand). Place on a parchment lined baking sheet (or my slightly oiled baking dish also worked) and transfer to ove. Reduce heat to 400 degrees and bake til pastry begins to rise (about 12 mins)
4. Arrange onions in a single layer over the pastry, top with 1/4 cup sliced black olives, reduce heat to 375, and bake til puffed and golden brown (about 15 mins).
5. Then top it off with crumbled goat cheese and few decorative twigs of thyme and you've got yourself a tasty little appetizer!
Let me know it you try it out!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment