Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Prints!

I just added two new prints to the shop!
"My Hopes Are Weapons" is one of my favorite lines from Listener's "Wooden Heart". It's such a beautiful song/poem/spoken word performance thingy. But do yourself a favor and read the lyrics first because there are so many and they're hard to catch. They're so deep and real and graphic and lovely. I watch this video nearly every morning just to remind myself of all the truths he speaks about.




The second print is inspired by one of my own hopes---to still be holding hands with Daniel when we're old. I don't expect it to be easy. If it was easy, I'd see a lot more old couples holding hand then I currently do. That's where the "hope being a weapon" part comes into play. It's something you have to fight for. To still be holding hands when we get old we have to be actively battling all sorts of foes---selfishness, bitterness, laziness, wandering hearts, discouragement. We have to weather lots of storms. But I'm hopeful!


The print comes in 8x10 and 13x19 so be sure to check the listing details!

Have a great day! It's beautiful in our next of the woods. We took a long walk across the Ohio River into downtown Cincinnati and ate lunch outside. Goooood times.

Arian : )

2 comments:

Doris said...

Sooo cute!!! I pin you:
http://pinterest.com/pin/186829084514591508/

Unknown said...

I really REALLY like these! The first one especially hits home for me! I see a lot of art that I like (especially since I'm a gallery owner) but this is the first one in a while that has hit me emotionally! Thank you for making wonderful art. You rock!