Monday, March 12, 2012

The Country

We spent the day yesterday in the country at Papa's house, the house that's been the same peaceful Papa-built, Granny-decorated home on a hill since way before I was born.



Every time I go I take lots of pictures. Pictures of old things because every old thing in the house has a story.


Every table, afghan, rocking chair, and quilt, it seems, was made by one of my grandparents or great grandparents or great-great grandparent.


And I take pictures of new things. Like Eli on his first trip to a house I hope he'll love as much as I do.


Sweetest wallpaper ever.


Old school!


Bathroom counter


Great-grandma-made afghan. I like her style.


Baby Wilco enjoying the fresh air at HIS first trip to the country too.


Porch time


Tinkertoys. They were vintage when I used to play with them.


Dreaming of growing all our own food some day.


Explaining the map he drew exploring Papa's land.


The man himself : ) 91 and going strong!


A lofty reading spot



Yep, a day at Papa's is just the cure we needed.

Hope your week is off to a good start!

Arian

No comments: