Friday, September 23, 2011

Skirt to Scarf

I've wanted to try my hand at one of these hipster scarves I've had on my pinterest for awhile. This skirt had been a staple in my wardrobe for years but it was becoming a bit too short (thanks to approx. 232 trips through the dryer) and had a few little stains and holes so it was time to move on.  While Jude watched an episode of Word World and used his scissors to cut a piece of scrap fabric into tiny shreds on my bedroom floor. I used my scissors and turned this skirt into this scarf.



It's fun to wear so I will probably make another (it being scarf season and all!) And maybe I will even try making a new skirt to replace my old one! I found this crazy cute circle skirt pattern today...seems simple enough!

What is it about fall weather that turns us into crafting fiends? Must.....make.....something.....cozy.

Arian : )

6 comments:

Rita Maria Gallery said...

this is great arian. i can't wait to try it for myself and maybe even for gifts!

MamaMae said...

LOVE it! the stripes are a wonderful pattern and of course, my favorite colors :)

Ellalovessteve said...

Hi! Found you via your Phil. 4:8 download from Pinterest. My 7 year old just memorized that for BSF and I was so proud of him - what a cute way to remind him...
I also downloaded your Christmas gift tags. Question for you - I am doing a fundraiser for a ministry that takes kids with cancer on week-long beach retreats with their families. we are selling vintage angel ornaments and I want to use your tags. I got them printed just right with a verse on the back - SO cute. but I wanted to see if you want me to give you credit somewhere on the tag??? let me know. will try to send you a photo of them all dolled up for sale.

Bless by Tone said...

Hi - just discovered you - I love your art!!!!!! Tone

Bless by Tone said...

Hi - I wrote a post about you and borrowed some of your art - I hope that's ok - you can read it here: http://blessbytone.blogspot.com/2011/09/i-have-to-share-this.html

Kelley Kronic said...

I love that!!