Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bag Lady

 My dad is in town for the weekend! He got here late last night. Snow somewhere along the way in West Virginia set him back a couple hours so I got out the sewing machine to keep me occupied while I waited up for him.
 I've been wanting to pair these two fabrics together for awhile. So I made this simple tote bag. The inside fabric is a retro-licious remnant from Granny's stash and the outside fabric is soft and sturdy upholstery fabric from my favorite discount fabric store.
 I'm definitely a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of sewer-- no pattern, no planning, no measuring...just wing it.  It's good for my soul that way.
The boys (and I!) are glad to have PopPop in town, as you can tell by today's pic-a-day. It promises to be a good weekend : )

Muuuuuch Love,
Arian

1 comment:

Olivia said...

That's my style of sewing too!

I love the fabrics and the bag.