Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hibernation Mode

The holidays are over, snow is covering the ground, a chill has set into the bones of this old house, and I am officially in hibernation mode. I am gathering my arsenal of space heaters, thick socks, warm beverages, blankets, and my beautifully melancholy "winter music mix" (i.e. Rosie Thomas, Ray Lamontagne, Josh Garrels....) and focusing on our nest. I'm making it cleaner, more organized, more cozy, and making sure there are plenty of snuggle stations tucked in each room.

It's becoming the perfect environment for crafting and sketching! We've got a new sewing machine, a newly-organized craft supplies pantry (thanks, mom!), lots of yarn, and a stash of vintage fabrics ready and waiting to be crafted into beautiful things for our nest. I need to get crackin! (right after I sip a cup of tea, take a hot bath, and nap) ; )

In the meantime, here's a handful of beautiful, crafty photos (some of my recent flickr faves) for your inspiration!


(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)
(here)


Arian : )

2 comments:

Crystal Jeffers said...

O! M! G! that cabinet full of yarn in all shades is my fantasy come to life, only it needs to be a wall full of cabinets just like it with each one full of rainbows. :)

the rest isn't bad either.

Rita Maria Gallery said...

arian, your photos are always so inspiring to me. you have such a talent for them! thank you for sharing them always. this set is especially awesome!