Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Traditions

Last night marked the beginning of a new family tradition--Sunday night sleepovers at Tye and Andrea's new house. We make dinner together, play, then put the boys to bed and have grown up hang out time. Last night's was wine and a movie (that movie was hilarious and wrong, the kind I'd recommend to friends but with lots of disclaimers).

I'm so looking forward to seeing this tradition evolve as the seasons change and the kids get older (and more kids are added to the mix!)--- cookouts, card games, board games, football in the back yard, pancakes, trying new recipes and drinks together, getting to have uninterrupted conversations with other grown ups late into the night.


source

Another tradition-- taking advantage of new year sales with the Mr.

Instead of getting Christmas presents for each other, we get a sitter and make a date night out of shopping for new clothes together.

source

I'm a sucker for cute, feminine, vintage-y skirts and dresses--- cool and breezy in the summer. Then add cute tights, a cardigan, and some cozy cold-weather accessories in the winter and there ya go! Here are some of my favorite pics from my online style research : )

source
source

source
source
source


source




source
source
source



Hope your week is off to a good start! Kinda feels like I'm getting a bit of a shaky start-- like the starting gun went off, startled me, and I tripped a little as I tried to get up off the starting line. Just one of those Mondays. Hopefully I'll catch up soon : )

2 comments:

Kris said...

I know what you mean, I think when the Monday starting gun went off I completely wiped out. Hopefully it can only go up from here!
By the way, I got the little notebook :) Thank you so much :)

lydia. said...

what a fun tradition!
i love that idea.
i hope the rest of your week is going better.
:)