Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Ties

I spent the last two days at my grandparent's house sifting through old photographs, admiring Granny's vintage dresses, roasting marshmallows, taking photos, and swinging on the porch swing. Taking photos has been a coping mechanism for me since my grandma passed away a couple weeks ago. I've been relishing all the details of her home and everything in it, most of which hasn't changed since I've been alive---soaking in, documenting, rediscovering the sights, the sounds, the textures that remind me of her...




I've also been collecting textures and images (like this light blue flower pattern from one of granny's blouses) for a BIG project that kicked off this week. But more on that later : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are gorgeous!

Daniel