Monday, February 16, 2009

What...a...weekend..

It did turn out to be one of the most jam packed, emotional, wonderful, heart-wrenching, challenging weekends I can remember.

We went the opening at the Red Tree Gallery. Though I've participated in a couple out of town shows this was the first gallery show I was able to attend where one of my pieces was included. Here's what I ended up painting on that old door. The theme was "To Create Anew" so I wanted to do something from nature--a young tree and a little bird-- because creation itself is the ultimate example of being "created anew". And I painted it on a surface that was once tree, turned door, turned art canvas---further adding to the whole "creating anew" theme. Hope ya like it!
Straight from there to the Seabird concert. They are just SO GOOD! I'm sporting my last-second DIY "Tye=Seabird" shirt. Tye is not "actually" a "member" of the "band" but he was their fill-in drummer that night so gotta represent the brother-in-law : )

Up early the next morning to grab groceries from the market and breakfast with some new lady friends. And then off to Marty's funeral. There is a great heart-wrenching/ heart-warming news story about her life and death here if you'd like to check it out. It was one of those perspective-altering funerals where hundreds of people came, cried, and left inspired to live as well as the one they lost..myself included. What better way to spend Valentine's day than honoring someone who truly lived a life of love and vowing to do more so yourself. Daniel and I continued our conversations about love, life, the funeral, how not to waste your life, etc, over wine and sparkling water after the boys went to bed---it was probably the best Valentine's day I could have had.
Tell the people you love not just that you love them but WHY and do so often.

No comments: