Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good Crafternoon

While hanging with my family in-law this past weekend, we pulled out the sewing books I got for Christmas and the fabric that has been waiting patiently to be used for our first "crafternoon". I'm hoping it was the first of many. Good coffee, good company, a good sewing machine, the kids entertaining each other in the playroom--it doesn't get much better than that!
I tried my hand at this tote bag pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's book, "Simple Sewing". The word "simple" appeals to me when it comes to sewing projects and it was, in fact, pretty simple. I added the flower I made awhile back for a little extra girly flair.

The free Valentine card downloads I promised will be up in a couple days. Our scanner finally kicked the electronic bucket and a new one is set to be delivered in the next day or two. So all those sketches building up in my sketchbook will finally be put to use. In the meantime, don't forget the V-day specials I've got going on in both my shops.

No comments: