Tuesday, December 9, 2008

NA na na na na na na na NA na na na na na na na BATMAN!



We had Hudson's party this past weekend-- a blur of cake, presents, a Christmas parade, face painting, sword fights, cookie decorating, and broken crayon bits. This was my first attempt at making a layer cake. For the top, I just printed the batman logo out on some printer paper, cut it out with a craft knife, and gently but completely laid it on the icing as a stencil as I poured on the sprinkles.


We tried our hand at recycled chunky crayons....although I got distracted with all the cake cutting and serving that I left the crayons in the oven for too long. They melted all together and came out the same purplish brownish color. Oh well.

Happy 4th, Hudson : )

1 comment:

Heidi said...

LOVE that cake.

I have something ambitious planned for Chelsea's bday... hope it turns out as well as Hudson's did! Wish me luck.