Sunday, August 3, 2008

From Seabird to King Bird


Hey, I finished this painting this weekend--my first step toward doing some more "real" work that could potentially be hung somewhere or sold as an original (most of my stuff is a combo of real and digital). You can order a print version in my shop if you're so inclined. This is all part of my greater plan to make art more than just a hobby that pays for itself, but actually a means of contributing to my family's income a little.

Money is a funny thing. It's something I've been thinking of a lot recently since we signed up for Mint.com (an online money managing program) Having all your earnings and spendings laid out in neat little pie charts is pretty eye-opening. Who knew I was spending a third of our income on Precious Moments figurines and decorative soaps--shocker. : ) ; ) jk

No comments: