Monday, October 1, 2007

If I Could Upload Smells...



This weekend was wrapped in the sights and smells of fall. We rang in the weekend Friday night by making apple chips and pumpkin pies (I used the good ole' Libby's recipe on the back of the giant can but with 1 cup sugar instead of 1 1/2 and 1/4t cloves not 1/2t). And it took about 75 mins to cook instead of 50, dunno why. It was my first attempt at pumpkin pie, actually, and I don't like to brag but it was probably the best pie anyone has ever made in the history of pies,ever...period. ; )

Hudson and I picked the apples for the apple chips last weekend at a nearby farm. Then Friday night I sliced them up, sprinkled them with cinnamon and a bit of clove, and dehydrated them over night.



Saturday, our town had its fall festival. The highlight--open house at the firehouse. I'm not sure who enjoyed it most, our 2-year-old or my husband.







We topped the fall festivities weekend off with a trip to the fair I think it was Hudson's first experience with cotton candy... and with hog racing sooo...that was special : )

2 comments:

w said...

oh i just love fall festivals. we have one coming up in a couple weeks. can't wait. :)

Cathy said...

sounds like fun - and your photos are very cute :)
(scrap4u)